9/18/15

The Woods by: Katelynn

This summer my cousins and I went to a park. There was a long trail that people could walk and run on. As we were riding our scooters to our picnic spot, we spotted the woods and what looked like a walking trail (Observation). So we stopped, left our scooters and walked on. As we approached the end of the trail, we asked each other "Should we walk deeper into the woods, beyond the trail?" (Question). We figured that it was fine since our parents weren't there and we wanted to go on "an adventure" (Hypothesis). So we decided to walk on and we noticed there was a large bush but what we didn't notice was that this large bush had many thorns (Experiment). Though we pushed and shoved the bush aside to create a clear path, we ended up getting thorns stuck on our legs, arms and hands. We realized that it could have been worse, we could have got poison ivy if we didn't look at the leaves carefully (Analyze). Looking back, I now know not to go to places I don't know very well (Conclusion).