Scientific Method Story
One day in fourth grade, I came home from school at the same time that my dad was coming home from work. I noticed how weirdly that the garage door came down as my dad was pulling into the garage, one section at a time folding down flat (Observation). I kept thinking about it in school, so one day i was thinking if i pushed it down trying to help it, would it go down faster? (Question) I thought it would go down faster and i wanted to see if actually would. (Hypothesis) So the next day, i wanted to help it down so it can go down faster. so I clicked the button on the keypad for it to come up, and then i closed it, helping it down (Experiment) I accidentally stuck my fingers into the down-going flaps and the 800 pound garage crushed my fingers with excruciating pain traveling through my fingers, to my head, all the way down to my toes. I was screaming in pain. My mom was home at the time. While she was inside she heard me screaming to the top of my lungs, opened the garage, and rushed me to the hospital. I got my x-rays done, and luckily, no bones were broken, only some tissue was ripped. I was very fortunate. (Analyze) Now i know to be careful while my fingers are near my garage and to never help it down again. (Conclusion) Be careful around garages!