9/18/15
Dogs will be dogs by: Lily
Yesterday we took my dog to the park. There were many dogs there, because it is one of the only parks that allows dogs (Observation). We didn't know how he would react around these dogs, since he usually doesn't get along with them; so we tried to keep him as far away as possible while we went on our walk. As we were heading to the hiking trail in the park, his leash fell off and he ran to another dog, "I wonder what's going to happen!" (Question) I figured he would try to attack the smaller dog, even though he is generally a very nice dog, and not aggressive towards people (Hypothesis). He ran over to the smaller dog and began to play and roll around with it (Experiment). I had now realized that he didn't have aggression towards other dogs, he just had some leash anxiety because he couldn't smell or play with them (Analyze). All though it wasn't intentional, I learned a lot. We still keep him away from other dogs for now, but we're beginning to loosen up after that experience (Conclusion).